Honor Flight recognizes American Military Ceterans for their sacrifices and achievements by flying them to Washington, D.C. to see THEIR War Memorials at no cost.
In order for Honor Flight to achieve this goal, guardians fly with the veterans on every flight providing assistance, and helping Veterans have a safe, memorable, and rewarding experience.
Top priority is given to World War II, Korean War and terminally ill veterans from all wars.
Vietnam Veterans who are 70 percent or more disabled may apply and will be considered if there are open seats after all terminally ill, World War II adn Korean War Veterans who apply have been seated on each flight. Vietnam Veterans may be offered open seats on flights based on the date their applications were received.
For what you and your fellow Veterans have given us, please consider this a small token of appreciation from all of us at Honor Flight. A Doctor and nurses walso travel on each flight, to ensure your well-being.
Please consider these instructions as you complete your Honor Flight Application. Please read each line item thoroughly, then complete your answers.
- Complete each line of this application in its entirety. (For example, your entire name includes First, Middle and Last names).
- Please reflect TOTALLY accurate infromation. (For example, will you need a wheelchair? This is important because you will be required to walk at least 3 miles during the day.)
- If you have any questions, please contact us.
- After you submit your application you will not recieve any further information until approximately four weeks prior to the flight date, at which time you will receive a letter stating that you will be on board for the next flight date.
- You will also receieve at least one telephone call from the person who has been assigned as “Your Guardian” for that day.
- VERY IMPORTANT: If for any reason you are unable to fly on that date, please contact us immediately so we may arrange for a fellow veteran to fill your seat.
- We pay for airline seats in advance and are unable to recoup any funds for unfilled seats.
- If you were to cancel due to a health issue, we will simply schedule you for the next scheduled Honor Flight.
Other Important Information
- The National Honor Flight headquarters has ruled that a spouse may not accompany their veteran on an Honor Flight.
- A Guardian to serve you throughout the day will be provided, HOWEVER, if you would care to recommend a “Guardian” to serve you, please contact Lana Bradford, Guardian Scheduling Coordinator for Honor Flight of Middle Tennessee.
- We will supply your wheelchair for the day, if you have requested one.
- PLEASE do NOT bring your personal wheelchair with you for the flight.
- Vietnam Veterans with a 70% or higher VA Disability Rating may apply and may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note the question in the application and answer it accurately.
- Please note: A photographer will take photos during the trip. If you would like to receive pictures taken of yourself during “your special day” in Washington D.C. you must include an email address on this application so that we can send the digital files to you.
- Important: A government issued REAL photo ID is required to fly and for admission to Arlington National Cemetery and Ft. Myers.
- You may attach a copy of your drivers license to this application.
DD Form 214
- We do not require a copy of your DD 214, it is optional to submit a copy with your application.